Sunday, April 14, 2019

The Tao of Seven

Life, love, nature are all full of sevens---seven days in the week, seven deadly sins, seven natural wonders of the world,  only seven (times 7) more pounds until I can zip my skinny jeans,  seven wives for seven brothers, and until recently only seven seasons of Game of Thrones.  When asked to pick a number between 1-10, most people select 7.  The Bible, as well as most religious works, reference the significance of the number 7...frequently.  And so it is.  It has been  (almost) 7 years since I completed my treatment for breast cancer and have been able to take MD Anderson red marker and draw a line through the word "cancer".  For those of you who are cancer warriors or families of those warriors, seven represents a pretty big milestone.  After 7 years, you're frequent trips to your oncologist are reduced to one a year.  You no longer imagine the worse when you have a new pain, lump or bump.  It no longer takes up all of your time or energy or your thoughts.  I won't lie to you, "treatment" has some dark shadows that will follow you, but for the most part you are able to celebrate life daily.  Why Tao?  Did this Cradle Episcopalian become Taoist or Buddhist in the last seven years...nope.  In Chinese the word Tao means a "path", "way", "road" that a being chooses to follow for self-fulfillment and harmony.  Yes, there is an entire religion based on that...but you can ask Alexa, who was not here seven years ago.  The road that I have been on for the last seven years has given me much joy, many adventures, some heartaches and tears...but at the end of the day,  the path/road/way has changed me.

It has also been seven years since I have posted to this blog. While a few of you have received my random travel emails, I have really not thought of this page for awhile.   Boy, have blogs/vlog/social influencers changed.  You Tube channel featuring yours truly---Pinterest blog with endless pictures of my life-travel-cooking-etc---don't even get me started about my beauty and hair tips....I could even Tweet.    It boggles my mind. I guess what "they" (you know "they" is---the internet) say is true---everything, include you and me, changes every seven years...whether it is mentally, physically, emotionally or technologically speaking.   While clearing off some space on my Ipad for an upcoming trip, I stumbled on the link for the Boobie Blog....guess I just don't have enough to do, so I am dusting off the site, tweaking the name and look--- preparing for some random posting while we are on our next adventure which begins in, you guessed it, 7 days.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Choose your Side

In Chicago, folks are passionate about their teams and their choices of food…Cub vs White Sox’s, Bulls, Bears, wet vs. dunked (Italian Bee...